How I got involved with IEEW!

7:17 PM

I am celebrating my 5th year as a mentor with the Institute for the Economic Empowerment of Women.  I will be posting and reposting stories of the wonderful women who have become a part of my family. The Institute for the Economic Empowerment of Women (IEEW)  Peace Through Business has become a part of my life. IEEW provides in country and United States business training for women in Afghanistan and Rwanda. It all started with an email forwarded to me by my sister and best friend Vicki Meek on Wednesday, June 3, 2009. IEEW was looking for mentors in the Dallas area and I responded.  By Friday, June 5, 2009 I was sent mentor application and this profile of a woman from Rwanda who "does event planning and feeds students at two schools.  She wants to open a hotel in Rwanda that would have an event center and catering business".  Meet Anne Karemera.


Anne is the third from the right!



The 2009 Class 
Institute for the Economic Empowerment of Women
Peace Through Business






















You Might Also Like

0 comments